Last updated: 5 October 2022.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
When you create a login, connect to our services, purchase a product, download the Apps, download a software update, contact us, and/or otherwise interact with us, we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Account information: your user ID and related account details, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, devices registered, and account status.
- Contact information: your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Government issued identifiers: your driver’s license number or other similar government identifiers.
- Demographic data: your age, gender, race, ethnicity, and household information, some of which may be protected classifications under state or federal law.
- Audio and visual information: your photographs, images, videos, and recordings of your voice (for example when we record customer service calls for quality assurance purposes).
- Payment information: your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment information.
- Transaction information: your purchases of our products and services or transactions facilitated by us.
- Device information: your device type, your internet service provider, and your browser type.
- Other unique identifiers: your device identifier, IP address, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifier, or similar unique identifiers.
- Usage data: your activity and use of our products and services, including browsing history, search history and other usage data.
- Location information: your precise or approximate location information provided by mobile or other devices that you share with us.
- Social media information: your interactions with us through a social media service.
- Other information you provide to us: your communications with us including technical support, user posts on our platform, your educational, professional or employment-related information provided to us in connection with applying for employment with us. If we hire you, this may include, among other things, your social security number.
- Inferences: your information draw from any of the above identified information.
You are not obligated to provide the data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Much of the data we collect is directly provided by you. For example, when you register for an account, place an order, provide feedback, view our content or request products, services, or information from us. Your level of engagement determines the amount, and type of information we collect.
We collect information using analytics tools, including when you use/visit our Service. We may obtain information about you from data analytics providers, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, our vendors, or publicly available sources.
Some parts of the Service may allow you to post content, or transmit comments, messages, stream video, and/or transmit other materials to us, or others. If you choose to make information public through these channels, we will consider that information public. You can request that we remove content you have posted on a public page by e-mailing us at [email protected]. While we will try our best to honor your request, our removal of your content does not ensure complete removal from the Service. For example, historical copies, or “caches” may remain.
We also obtain information from third parties that we have partnered with who we choose to work with. We may receive identifying information, payment information, demographic data, and commercial information from the credit card issuer. If you have given us permission to store your payment information, your credit card issuer may provide us with payment information such as credit card number and expiration date in connection with the credit card issuer’s account updater service. If you have given us permission to store your credit card information and you do not want us to receive your updated credit card information through your credit card issuer’s account updater service, please contact your card issuer.
If you access the Service with a third-party platform account, (for example, by logging in to the Service by using your third-party platform account credentials from third parties including but not limited to Apple, Facebook, Meta Platforms, Inc, Twitter, etc.) and/or integrate your account with your third-party platform account, we collect certain information about you from the third-party platform, such as your username, email address, and other information you provide the third-party platform in connection with your account. We will use this personal data either where you have provided your consent to the third-party platform to that data sharing taking place, or where we have a legitimate interest to use the data in order to provide you with the Service. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review their privacy policies and settings.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
- We may use the information collected from you to comply with the law, communicate with you, process your transactions, personalize your user experience, and/or send you publications, invitations, and/or other marketing materials that may be of interest to you.
- We may use the information to save your account, registration, profile data, or other information/personal data, and save your credentials so you do not have to re-enter such data each time you use the Service.
- We may use the information to administer payments and share your information/personal data with our payment service provider.
- We may use the information to administer orders made from the Service.
- We may use the information to verify your identity for security purposes, to detect and prevent fraud, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may use the information to keep in contact with you about our news, events, new features, and other information that we believe may interest you provided that we have permission from you to do so.
- We may use the information to enable you to connect with others who use our Service.
- We may use the information to send you a prize if you enter and win a competition, giveaway, or promotion.
- We may use the information to provide customer service and support.
- We may use the information to provide information and marketing materials about our other products and services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses.
- We may use the information to provide you with advertising which is based on your specific location.
- We may use the information to carry out aggregated and anonymous research about use of the Service.
- We may use the information to manage our communications, IT, and security systems.
- We may use the information to enable us to comply with our policies and enforce or legal rights, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees and share your information with our technical and legal advisors.
- We also use information for internal purposes, such as to administer the website, improve the website, and help us understand how visitors use the website.
- We use job applicant information to make decisions about recruitment. Providing this information is required for employment with us.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
We may share your information with affiliates and related parties to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising to you and other existing and potential users. We may share identification and demographics, device information, and research and feedback to improve the Services. We may also share business information for business operation purposes.
Some of our Services provide the opportunity to post content in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these public forums, that information will be publicly available. You can request that we remove content you have posted on a public page by e-mailing us at [email protected]. While we will try our best to honor your request, our removal of your content does not ensure complete removal from the Service. For example, historical copies, or “caches” may remain.
We may share your information with third-party partners, such as identification and demographic information, transactional information, user-generated content, device information, connection and usage information, public and social media information, and research and feedback.
We may share your information with advertisers and other third-parties to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on the Services and third-party platforms. We may share identification and demographics, device information, user generated content, connection and usage data, geolocation data, public and social media information. We may also share information about you with a hashed identifier with third-parties so they personalize your experience with them.
We may share your information with social media platforms. For example, if you click on a Facebook “like” button while using the Services, this may appear on your Facebook account. To control this sharing of information, review and adjust your privacy settings for the relevant social network. Depending on your privacy settings, we may share contact information, identification and demographic information, user-generated content, device information, connection and usage data, and social media information.
We may share your information with service providers and vendors to enable them to perform business services for us. This information may include transaction and payment processing, promotion administration, fraud prevention, research analytics, and other services.
We may share personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of our assets and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to those described in this policy. We may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
Without limiting the foregoing, we may disclose personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally), our rights, our property, other Service users, and/or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
HOW LONG IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
We keep your personal information for as long as needed, or permitted in light of the purposes for which it was obtained. For example, if we have an ongoing relationship with you, and provide services to you, the information is retained. We will work to retain your personal information for the shortest possible period permissible under law.
In-App Push Notifications: you can stop receiving push notifications by adjusting your notifications settings in the Apps.
Email: you can stop receiving promotional emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on any promotional email that you receive from us.
Postal Mail: you can stop receiving postal mail by sending us a notice at ICONN, Inc., Attn. Ryan the Lawyer, 5711 Six Forks Rd. #101, Raleigh, NC 27609.
Text Messages: you can opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to the text message you receive from us. Please note that this will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that number.
Children under the age of thirteen (13), are not permitted to use this site. Children under eighteen (18) may only use the Site with the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child other than as authorized by law, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
CAN WE CHANGE THE POLICY?
Your continued use of the Service after we post any revision to the Policy constitutes your acceptance of the same. If any changes to the Policy are not acceptable to you, then your sole, only, and exclusive remedy is to stop accessing, viewing, browsing, and/or otherwise using the Site and Apps.
IS THE COLLECTED INFORMATION SECURE?
We have taken administrative, organizational, technical, and physical measures to protect your information. Your data is stored in a confidential manner and protected at a high level of security. The servers where the information is stored conform to industry accepted security standards. Further, all transmission of information is encrypted using industry accepted security practices. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. If you use a third-party payment processor, their privacy statement and security practices will apply to that information.
For your convenience, our Service includes functionality that allows you to remain logged in so that you do not have to reenter your information each time you want to access your account. If you decide to stay logged in, you should be aware that anyone with access to your device will be able to access your account. For that reason, if you remain logged in, we recommend that you take appropriate steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may subcontract processing to, or share your information with third-parties located in countries other than your home country. Your data, therefore, may be subject to privacy laws different from those of your country of residence. The Company is located in the United States. By using our Service, or by providing us with any information, you understand that your personal information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your information to us or using the Services, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited, to the United States.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. For example, you may have:
- Right of access to personal data: you have the right to access the information we hold about you, in some cases in a portable format, if technically feasible;
- Right to rectification of personal data held where it is incorrect or incomplete: you have the right to request the correction of any information you believe is inaccurate or complete information you believe is incomplete;
- Right to delete certain information; and
- Right to restrict the use or sale of your information.
For all inquiries concerning these rights, please send written correspondence to: ICONN, Inc., Attn. Ryan the Lawyer, 5711 Six Forks Rd. #101, Raleigh, NC 27609. You can also submit a request to access or delete your personal information, or withdraw consent, by submitting a [email protected].
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. To do so you must provide that authorized agent written and signed permission to submit such request, and verify your own identity directly with us.
There could be situations where we cannot grant your request. For example, if you ask us to delete data that we are obligated to keep a record of to comply with law. We may also not grant a request when doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for security purposes, such as when you request to delete an account being investigated for security concerns.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA/CPRA
If you are a resident of the state of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise Your disclosure choice options such as your right to opt-out with respect to the use of your personal data by third-parties for marketing purposes, your right of Access (the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you), right to Correction, and your right to Erasure (the right to request that we delete your personal data). California residents or their authorized agents may contact us for access or deletion requests at [email protected] or at ICONN, Inc., Attn. Ryan the Lawyer, 5711 Six Forks Rd. #101, Raleigh, NC 27609.
If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, please send a request by sending us an email at [email protected] or at ICONN, Inc., Attn. Ryan the Lawyer, 5711 Six Forks Rd. #101, Raleigh, NC 27609. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights”. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights”, include your name, street address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (if you wish to receive your response via e-mail, your street address is optional and not required). We will not accept requests via telephone, email, or facsimile. Further, we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
We do not knowingly sell personal information and have not done so in the past 12 months. However, our use of tracking technologies may be considered a “sale” under California law. You can opt-out of being tracked by these third parties by sending us an email at [email protected]. Please note that your use of our website may still be tracked by us and/or our service providers. Categories of personal information disclosed that may be considered a “sale” under California law: basic identifying information, device information and other unique identifiers, internet or other network activity, geolocation data, and commercial data. Categories of third parties to whom personal information was disclosed that may be considered a “sale” under California law: advertisers and marketing partners, data analytics providers, and social media networks.
California residents have the right to limit the use of sensitive personal information. Please send a request to [email protected]. Sensitive personal information as defined under the laws of California include social security, driver’s license, or passport numbers. It also includes account logins, financial information, passwords, precise geolocation, racial or ethnic data, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, the contents of your mail, email, and text messages unless we are the intended recipient, and genetic data.
California residents can also request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California’s Shine the Light law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents may contact us at ICONN, Inc., Attn. Ryan the Lawyer, 5711 Six Forks Rd. #101, Raleigh, NC 27609. In the body of your request, you must include: “California Shine the Light Request”, your name, a current California address including, street address, city, state, and zip code, as well as sufficient information for us to determine if the law applies to you. You will need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
We do not engage in the following activity; however, Nevada law requires us to post the following: certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
If you are a Nevada resident, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing us at [email protected] Please use “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line. Note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third-party websites to which the Site may link. Please familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit, as they will govern any information collected by those websites.
ADDITIONAL TERM AND/OR WORD USAGE
Singular and/or plural usage: the plural includes the singular, and the singular includes the plural as necessary to bring a term and/or word within this Policy’s scope. Any word and/or term used herein, but not specifically has the same meaning as found in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary at https://www.merriam-webster.com.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT CONTACT
For assistance with technical issues, or any customer support inquiries, please send an email to [email protected].
DESIGNATED AGENT ADDRESS
Please send any other inquires in writing to: ICONN, Inc., Attn. Ryan the Lawyer, 5711 Six Forks Rd. #101, Raleigh, NC 27609.